Alarm Clock Mod

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by bowman13139, Nov 28, 2007.

1. bowman13139

bowman13139 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Does anyone know how I might be able to change the alarm clock to play music instead of the alarms...

What i'm looking for is some way to change files. The old ipods would let you choose a playlist, and even then i thought they were scimping out. The removal of music option for the alarm clock is just Bull*hit, and apple knows it. There are too many things, such as search, etc that are not included on the touch's firmware that need to be!

So any help in investigating this issue would be very much appreciated!
  2. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    search!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

4. bowman13139

bowman13139 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks, but not really.

@jmiz, dont even waste the sever's space with your useless posting, thats why your count is so high...

I'm thinking about trying to actually change it to play songs like the old ipods. Maybe this can be done with an outside program...ie having to leave the ipod in hold mode all night...which means i still need to figure out my charging problem, all my old chargers are too low on ampage
  5. humbert

humbert New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've posted on this before, but noone has been very helpful :/ PLEASE PLEASE someone help with this!! Honestly I don't really know what I'm talking about, but it doesn't seem like it would be that hard.. couldn't it just be an app that has a delay with time that you can set, then it would call the music app to play when the time runs out. Help!!
  6. NormNConquest

NormNConquest New Member

Are you going to sleep with your earphones in? 'Cause the Touch has no speaker. (The little piezo clicker that emits alarm tones can't do music.)

The little Jensen alarm clock I used with my old Nano works OK with Touch. (When the clock's internal timer hits, it wakes the Touch and playts the next track on my playlist thru clock speakers. But the wake time is set on the clock, not the iPod. )
  7. bowman13139

bowman13139 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thats the issue...I dont want to buy a clock, I have a sweet sound system set up in my room with a super old amp...talking 70s. So I just want a feture that would wake up the ipod and play a song.

EXACTLY how the old ipods did it! I just use the line in connection to play my ipod.
  8. axelis6

axelis6 New Member

A Good Way

HAHAH I USE MY MUSIC..
    BUT I USE MY iHome.. so i just put the song and use "Music" as waker... easy

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. palidino76

palidino76 New Member

I converted one o fmy mp3's to the format the speaker plays (aif and aiff) and replaced the alarm sound but I still hear the sound I replaced and not the new sound...
    Sound Files I've found on my ipod so far are: aif, aiff, caf

Ha ha ha lmao I figured out what I did, I changed the headphone sound not the speaker sound.
  10. poombster

poombster New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Did you end up changing the speaker sound? Can you share how you did it if you got it done? Thanks.