Alarm Clock app

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by bob0fishkins, Aug 4, 2008.

1. bob0fishkins

bob0fishkins New Member

Sure we have an alarm app for the ipod touch, it only makes annoying beeping sounds. It would be awesome if someone made an alarm app that could play the songs on your ipod and be played through the headphone jack. Like if its on a dock or something to wake you up to your favorite songs.
  2. Spreche

Spreche Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Hey I'll look into this. So do you want like an app that is just like the native alarm app that is include with the clock app? But it would play full songs from your library of songs? Instead of just ringtones?
  3. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ...... i though people are making this app....
  4. Spreche

Spreche Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Yeah I searched the forums and I seen a lot of requests but no one has picked up the project. Do you have any links to where people said they are making this?
  5. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You could just convert your songs to mp4 and then overwrite the giles within the app, and set the permissions.
  6. Spreche

Spreche Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Not exactly. The files within the app are all the images you see, like the bottom bar icons and the clocks. But what he wants is an applications is that plays full songs, I think. And there is a way to change the default alarm sounds. But that is just short clips of songs.
  7. bob0fishkins

bob0fishkins New Member

beep

i mean i wish there was an app that could play a song at a specific time like an alarm clock, but instead of beeps it would be a song or playlist of songs
  8. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

There is a code for developers who want to do this, to schedule an event for SpringBoard to do. This can be done fairly easily, and you could have it start playing a song from your music library database. Whomever wants the code, pm me for a link to the website that has the code. I will not directly feed it to you, but i will hint you in the right direction.
  9. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Let me guess you can prolly do it 10 min right but your too "busy" to make good apps. Where iptm when you need him

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. emanuelme

emanuelme New Member

Two things... firstly, does your code play a playlist instead of just one song. and second, wtf? why arent you creating it if you know how to do it? Seriously?!