Alarm App (an actual alarm)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Mr530, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Mr530

Mr530 New Member

Is there anyway to get an alarm application that will play my own songs and come out of the headphones? This should be fairly easy to make, or edit the old one i'm guessing. I'm just dissapointed that this feature was available on my old ipod and not this one.
  2. asado111

asado111 New Member

wait the alarm works w/o the headphones??
  3. aznk3n

aznk3n New Member

it does but its not loud enough
  4. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

umm.. not yet... but i managed to change the ones that were preloaded... its not music or anything but u go into the alarms.plist and change all the numbers (which stand for a pitch of sound) and u can basically make ur own. mines a high -pitch screech to wake me up in the morning lol its all set at 5000
  5. asado111

asado111 New Member

can u give us a tutorial on this?

hmm it seems that my alarm doesnt even ring..
  6. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

i only know how on a mac... but here it is:

1. Using whatever means (sftp, cyberduck, w.e.) navigate to /Library/Alarms and get the Alarms.plist

2. Place this file under your username (on the sidebar) and go to terminal in the utilities folder in applications

3. Make a backup of Alarms.plist just in case you make a mistake (right click, duplicate, and move this to your desktop).

4. Open Terminal and convert the file from Binary to XML with the following command
    plutil -convert xml1 Alarms.plist
    Open the file in a text editor of your choice (preferably text edit do this by right clicking it, go to open with then other, choose text edit)

5. there will be a list with a huge string of numbers... these numbers are the pitch (0 being no sound, 1 being lowest pitch, infinitely high but it cant handle much past 5000)

6. you can change these numbers to your hearts content but in order to make a song you will have to spend hours... but i just set mine all at a high level to screech (*may damage speaker*)

7. When done save it then go back to terminal and type:
    plutil -convert binary1 Alarms.plist

8. now click and drag it back to the /Library/Alarms area where you originally got the Alarms.plist from and replace it... now reboot ( i dont like waiting so i just go to summerboard and restart my springboard at the bottom)

9. go to clock then timer, and tap when timer ends ( if u edited alarm 1, the first one, then it will be time passing that you changed) tap your alarm and listen to ur work...
  7. asado111

asado111 New Member

anyone know a guide for windows??
  8. asado111

asado111 New Member

灢楬瑳〰Ǖ̂Ԅ⤆䐸噋汁牡㑭䅖慬浲嘳汁牡㉭䅖慬浲嘱汁牡㕭ߑ弈༐敨瑲彺業汬獩捥꽳㰐ਉఋഉ༎ဉሑጉᔔᘉ༗᠉༙ယᘉᰛጉḝటሉᔠ᠉∡᠉␣┉ሗ᠉ᔦ┉⠧搐̑Ⴄဇᄂ䀌ऐؐԑ჈ဈᄁ嬒ਐ̐ࠑႩᄄ耛ԑᅵ‗ഐ༑ၯᄓऑᆹတܑႸနᄅ䴊ฑ႑턋⨇Ⴏघ⬊⴬⬮य㄰⬲ळⴴ⬵शㄞᄷ逋嬐ᄑၓ႔ၥᄘ娐đვၗရၰᅣ鬁ߑ꼹ᐐਉ㬺㰉㸽㘉㼽䀉䄽䈉䌽ؑၽ၎ᄜ ⴉ䈐䄐㤐䌐䤐䔐ߑ꽅‐ਉ䝆䜉䝈䜉䝉䜉䝊䜉䝆䜉䝈䜉㙉䜉䝊꼐成đဆᆹᔁߑ꽌᠐ਉ乍伉偍儉前匉吔伉唔儉嘔ᐑႚဟီံဝᄸഁⴐ㌐㸐ࠀጀᨀ℀⠀⼀㘀㤀䬀言谀踀鄀錀销頀騀鰀鼀ꄀꌀꘀꠀꨀ관꼀눀딀렀먀봀뼀숀씀저쨀촀케턀퐀휀切ﰀ＀ā́ԁࠁଁഁ༁ᄁጁᘁᤁ、㌁㔁㜁㨁㰁㸁䀁䈁䐁䘁䤁氁渁瀁猁甁码笁阁餁鬁鴁鼁ꄁꌁꘁꠁꨁ Ă 圀 각

this is wut i get wen i open the .plist in text editor...
  9. asado111

asado111 New Member

anyone have an idea on how to do this on windows!?
  10. ojx

ojx Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    word homie