airfoil

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iMatt711, Oct 17, 2007.

1. iMatt711

iMatt711 New Member

One of the apps that i think is almost a necessity for the iPod touch is a port of airfoil. For those of you that don't know, airfoil is an app that lets you wireless stream any audio from your computer to an airport express. The airport express combined with the ipod touch would be a godly combination and i cant believe this functionality wasnt built in.
  2. pdxubaru

pdxubaru New Member

That's a pretty damn good idea. Has anyone heard anything about this? I would pay for that software.
  3. n3l619

n3l619 New Member

there is a way to stream files off ur computer like txt, pdf, mp3, mp4, jpg , bmp, and more i might post it up later
  4. pballa2099

pballa2099 New Member

seeqpod.com works...
  5. glasssss

glasssss New Member

wow....seeqpod is AWESOME!

there must be some sites that can stream radio to the touch!
  6. pdxubaru

pdxubaru New Member

Seeqpod is a great site. Not what I'm looking for. The Airport Express has an output jack on it that you can plug into speaks. We want to be able to play music to the AirportExpress (AirTunes) from the Touch directory, not stream it from the web. Not through headphones.
  7. iMatt711

iMatt711 New Member

yea, I'm not looking stream music to my ipod im looking to stream it from my ipod to my stereo. airfoil is the current program that lets you stream from any computer to an airport express, we need some kind of port for the ipod.
  8. pdxubaru

pdxubaru New Member

Anybody see or hear any more about this or similar?
  9. sistanford

sistanford New Member

I'm familiar with airfoil too and I use it in conjunction with Salling Clicker.
    Airfoil doesn't just allow you to stream to speakers via an Airport Express, it also enables you to remotely use the speakers on your other desktops or notebooks on the same network.
    I currently have each of my machines (XP, Ubuntu, Vista, Leopard) using the airfoil speakers software so I can stream audio to various rooms in the house from my MacBook Pro using airfoil - it works a treat!

I can control my MBP remotely from my Nokia N80 & N82 using Salling Clicker. Salling clicker allows me to directly control OS settings, airfoil, iTunes, and many other programs over bluetooth or (my choice) WLAN.

The combination of these two work fantastically for me, but to be able to use my iPod Touch directly would be even better.

If there is anyone out there willing/wanting to build an app that could encompass these above features
    I will be more than happy to jump on board. Multimedia Design is my thing, which naturally encompasses UI design...

Anyone with any hints or prods in the correct direction, even refering me to someone who could code something like this, please get in touch as this is something i'd love to get rolling!