Aircrack Thread

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by aidman, Jun 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aidman

aidman New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    Since my thread (http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294572) has been unceremoniously locked without a message or reason, I will repost, and inform people that this is not illegal to own or use on my own wireless, and is not against the rules to discuss.

from my understanding (yes, I have used the search button), aircrack was originally compiled for the ipod touch. I have a first gen device, but I love my spirit jb, and I don't want to go back to 1.x to simply run aircrack. Is there any way to dualboot to 1.x? if not, what can I do to make aircrack run? I will write code, compile, or do anything.
    Thanks.
  2. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    aircrack is useless.
    what do you wanna do with that??

okay one good thing it does:
    drain the battery horribly fast.

you have only the aircrack binary not the whole aircrack-ng suite. so nothing to monitor packets. the hardware doesn't support it though
  3. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    It is used to break into wireless networks, and you have no reason to break your own wireless network's security. If it's for 'testing how secure it is' you'd be best using something a bit more powerful than an iPod to brute force it.

The rules prohibit discussion of illegal software, IE software that can be used illegally.

In future, when one of your threads are closed, don't just make a new one, contact a staff member.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.