aircrack :D

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by grimmed, Oct 23, 2007.

1. grimmed

grimmed New Member

Alright, there is a programm called aircrack wich allowes you to crack the web and spoof the mac-adresses in a router. The only problem is that the program is made fr windows and linux -.- Is there any possible way of converting the sources to a ipod application, or would that just be like building a new programm?

I hope anyone has some information about this.

For those who want to see aircrack: http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php
  2. linds

linds New Member

sure it's possible but you wouldn't be able to crack wireless encryption with a touch. It just doesn't have the hardware to do it so it's pointless to port aircrack over
  3. grimmed

grimmed New Member

why wouldn't that be possible? Since aircrack has also been devoloped for debian :S You shuld check out the web be4 making conclusions sir.
  4. linds

linds New Member

Do you understand English? I said it was possible to port it over but it would be POINTLESS because the touch doesn't have the hardware to actually crack encryption in a timely manner.
  5. grimmed

grimmed New Member

no, a touch wouldn't -.- since it has a great advance on mobile hardware and mobile hardware (debian) is able to do it. Right..
    Since you cannot proof it in one or a other way. Read the website for a change before flaming again on me. With some lasy almost nothing theorie wich you obvious just made up.

FACT: Linux is able on a ipod touch.
    FACT: Aircrack is avaible for linux.
    Where are you referring to that it isn't possible.
  6. linds

linds New Member

It's painfully obvious you don't know how cracking WEP encryption works. I do know how it works and have actually done it before so that's why I know the touch can't do it.

You're thinking in SOFTWARE terms. I'm talking about HARDWARE. YES, you can probably re-compile aircrack to get it installed on a Touch. But the Touch's wifi adapter can't inject packets. If you can't inject packets, you can't crack a WEP key in a timely manner. That is what I'm talking about and what you seem to not be able to understand.

and to clarify, I never said it wasn't possible. I said it was POINTLESS
  7. grimmed

grimmed New Member

I would like to know where you've found out that your ipod wifi can't inject packets. Once you've shown that, I'll try again..
  8. Jonnyfive

Jonnyfive New Member

what about http proxy in places like starbucks? I heard it is possible to get free Internet at hotspots via http proxy. Any ideas?
  9. avaloncourt

avaloncourt New Member

/gets popcorn
  10. grimmed

grimmed New Member

I live in the netherlands. We don't for starbucks.