Airbubbles

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by -Kerrigan-, Dec 3, 2008.

1. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I know this is kind of a silly question, but I have air bubbles underneath my screen protector. Is there a way to get them out without taking the screen off and throwing it away?
  2. sotaku22

sotaku22 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Carefully peel off the parts of the screen protector with the bubbles and use some kind of soft card to push the bubbles on as you go over the screen with the protector.
  3. quick5pnt0

quick5pnt0 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    As a last resort you might be able to very carefully poke a small hole in the bubbles with a pin or razor blade to give the air a place to escape and then smooth it out with a credit card or something similar.
  4. gawesome

gawesome New Member

But wouldnt you get thick bumps where the air bubbles were since your compacting it?
  5. quick5pnt0

quick5pnt0 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Really depends on how large the air bubbles are. This is a very common technique to remove random air bubbles when applying any vinyl decals. (R/C cars, models, etc) Worst that will happen is there will be bumps where the bubbles were and you'll have to replace the protector anyway.
  6. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What if the air bubble is like about 1 cm in diameter? Will it make bigger bumps?
  7. Germany

Germany Banned

Just get a credit card and push them out just as you would do when applying it. My friend had the same problem and this method was a quick fix. You shouldn't pop them because it could be bumpy on those areas. Next time, just spend more time while applying the screen protector.
  8. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    None of those work. I took my screen protector off and slowly placed it back on, using a credit card to push the air but no matter how hard I try there are always some airbubbles left over.