AHHH!!! Why, iTunes?! Why!?!?!?!?!!

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by pavan, Mar 17, 2009.

1. pavan

pavan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I hate this! itunes freezes upon my sync. I plug my ipod touch in and it freezes. so i leave it and go play some basketball. I come back and It says it couldnt retrieve dataclass information from sync services and tells me to unplug and replug. ive tried that, ive tried leaving it for an hour. But nothing happens. As a matter of fact, the window that pops up giving me the message also freezes. so i cant click OK. Im using my ipod touch 2g and it syncs once in a blue moon (like if i leave it on for 8.5 days). IM SICK OF IT! i tried reinstalling and upgrading to itunes 8. same problem. then i was like lemme reinstall again. but there was an update so i got itunes 8.1 but I STILL hAVE THE PROBLEM!!!!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?? how do i fix it?

thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    What helps for me is to delete the sync history in iTunes and have the iPod plugged in before opening iTunes.(I have mine where it doesn't open when connected)
  3. pavan

pavan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    edit: how can i manually delete sync history... itunes freezes when i go to the devices tab in the prefrences window
  4. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    In iTunes go to preferences/devices and select reset sync history.

Did you try to close iTunes and then open back up with iPod still connected?
  5. pavan

pavan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes i tried that i tried many things but still nothing works and i cant get to devices...
  6. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    What do you mean you cant get to devices? You mean it freezes before you can even get there? Then un-plug your iPod so you can delete the sync history. Then try again.

Also there is an update for iTunes, im sure you already know, I havent updated mine yet. Maybe there are problems with syncing in the new one idk?
  7. pavan

pavan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    edit: I think it worked! It went straight to syncing!!!
  8. ThatOneGuyWithTheFace

ThatOneGuyWithTheFace New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    This happened to me once but I fixed it. I believe it has something to do with a System file called "System32.dll" I was installing an XP theme pack that replaced this file with its own version and it completely rendered my iTunes useless. After I uninstalled the pack it worked fine. If you have a theme pack or any other program that substitutes this file I suggest you remove it.
  9. Gringo Rk

Gringo Rk New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i getting this problem too it freezes when i sync manually to my ipod every freaking time
    this is getting me very angry it also happens in windows xp