ahhh!!!! More issues!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by Wyatt2987, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    God! The same old deal with 1.1.3 is happening again with 1.1.4. I finally got the software downloaded, but now when I try installing it I get an error message. Beside it is this number: (1602) . I called iTunes support and they told me to do the same thing they told me to do for 1.1.3 which is uninstall iTunes and then reinstall it. That didn't work for 1.1.3 and it probably won't work now. What else can I try? I am reluctant to to restore because I am afraid I will lose everything. I am also afraid to uninstall iTunes because I don't want to lose my music but she told me to do it so I'll try. Please help!
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Have you tried manually downloading the firmware and using shift-update?
    It worked for some people. Link is in the Firmware links link in my signature if you need it.
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Creat another user account on your computer and do it from there. When you reinstall and go back to your other account the library will be fine.
  4. FluxBox

FluxBox New Member

If you fear media loss, just move all your music to a different part of your harddrive while you uninstall and reinstall.
  5. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks I will try both of these