Ahhh, confusing 1.1.3 Jailbreak talk

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by IcyStorm, Feb 4, 2008.

1. IcyStorm

IcyStorm New Member

Due to the various Jailbreaking methods for 1.1.3, I admit I'm kinda confused where to start. I don't mind starting from 1.1.1 or 1.1.2, so what method do I use?

Does iJailBreak work with AMD machines (the note on the left says the Desktop Branch only works with Intel machines...)?

Are there are negative consequences from using the iJailBreakMobile method instead of the iJailbreak Desktop method?

And I should NOT use the NateTrue method or something?

And there is something about the Dev Team's 1.1.3 soft upgrade...

So what do I use >_>

EDIT: Oh, so 1.1.3 has NOT been Jailbroken yet? Simply the soft upgrade?

I don't understand what the soft upgrade actually does because some people are complaining that 1.1.3 features are not working when others say that the wiggly icons and such are all in there.
  2. d_boggus

d_boggus New Member

The wiggly icons and the apps work if you buy the January Upgrade form itunes. I think that one of the jailbreak (soft upgrade) methods unlocks those for you for free, but the Dev Team's version does not at least it didn't when I did it a few days ago.
  3. IcyStorm

IcyStorm New Member

Ah, I didn't realize the wiggly icons were part of the software upgrade.
  4. Yongobongo

Yongobongo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  5. nelson1974

nelson1974 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i tried ipodtouchmaster, it's very convenient, but trying to make Summerboard work killed my ipod for 2 times.

Finally switched to ijailbreak, which need some tricks/ research but works fine by now

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Yongobongo

Yongobongo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes, iJailbreak seems to be the best method for now

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. bloot

bloot New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So let me get this, is it that actually jailbreaking process that is buggy or once you jailbroken it is buggy.. I am talking about with nate's method
  8. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

The fact that it is a "soft upgrade" means that the end result will be slightly buggy, no matter which method you will use. However, Nate's is buggy in that the syncing of the upgrade pack (and later on, SDK apps) and the playing of DRM-encrypted files gets broken. On the other hand, the Dev Team method (that almost all of the other methods are based on) appears buggy because it does things properly, and a trade-off of this is that some apps won't work properly unless they are fixed (either by a new version or manually by the user), simply because 1.1.3 doesn't give so much free rein to applications, and preference files are stored in a different place than before. Nate's jailbreak doesn't have this problem because it forces parts of the 1.1.3 firmware to behave like the older firmwares did, but in doing so the method breaks other things.