Ahh Jesus, please help me guys!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GStudios, Feb 2, 2008.

1. GStudios

GStudios New Member

okay, so this is what happened:

i tried to upgrade from my jailbroken iPod Touch 1.1.2 to the 1.1.3 firmware via iJailbreakMobile. when i downloaded the software from Installer, it appeared as a little iPod Touch icon in my Springboard. After i open that program up, it comes up with a lot of coding, and then i can make out a #% of completion (which i think is the software converting from my 1.1.2 to my 1.1.3) and it also shows the estimated time until completion.

So what happened, is it downloaded in my iPod all of the way, but i didnt see any changes. i also checked my firmware and it still read "1.1.2". so, i went through the upgrade process again and it got about halfway completed (50%) before i got a lot of error messages. I could make out between the coding it saying that my iPod was not connected to /rfffvrfrfrf/frfrtg/frfdcde (<definitely not the actual wording, but from that i could tell that i needed to SSH into my iPod) and so i plugged my iPod into my computer and opened up CyberDuck, which is my SSH client.

then, once my iPod was plugged into my computer, a loading circle came on the display of my iPod and never stopped...so, i tried holding the sleep/wake button, no luck. then i tried holding the home button, no luck. so, i held both the sleep and home button and it turned off.

however, now, when i try to turn it back on, the apple logo come on for about...9 seconds but then a quick white flash appears on my display and then it returns back to the apple logo. it repeats that process and never actually lets me into my iPod.

this iPod was my only christmas present, and i actually had to pay $200 more dollars to get it, so this is really important to me. i would be very disappointed if i could never used it again and in turn wasted both my christmas and my own money. please help me guys

thanks
  2. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

maybe restore. Force restore mode. Next itme you do that way, i think you should restat your ipod after the process. hold down home and top button.
  3. GStudios

GStudios New Member

come on guys, help me out

i know there's so smart people in here that can fix almost anything

i REALLY need some help
  4. trialnterror

trialnterror New Member

do you know how to force restore?
  5. trialnterror

trialnterror New Member

1. Make sure your ipod is on and at the Main Menu.
    2. Plug your iPod Touch into your computer.
    3. Press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake button.
    3. Count to 10 and then release the sleep/wake button but contiune to hold the home button.
    4. In few seconds you will see the iPod show up in iTunes(note: The screen of the iPod should be Black, If its showing the connect to iTunes image you held the power button for too long).
    7. Now just click the restore button and wait(Note: If you would like to go to an older firmware when you restore hold Shift while clicking restore and locate the firmware file.)
  6. GStudios

GStudios New Member

yes, i do

but only want to do that as a last resort
  7. trialnterror

trialnterror New Member

try that tell me if it works
  8. GStudios

GStudios New Member

the problem is that i cant get to the main menu, so #1 is out.
  9. trialnterror

trialnterror New Member

disregard 1 start at 2 then try this method
    First, you must on a successfully JailBroken 1.1.2 device and have BSD Subsystem 1.5 or later installed. However, a full restore is recommended for best results.

Once you are ready to upgrade to software 1.1.3:
    Install Upgrade.app onto your iPod/iPhone: either via SSH or directly from Installer "Official 1.1.3 Upgrader".
    Set the permissions (only if installed manually).
    Respring.
    Run the app from the iPod/iPhone.

Don't want to manually add this to your iPod? Wait. It will be available in Installer soon.

Big thanks go out to planetbeing and the rest of the Dev Team.

EDIT:
    It's Official.
    It has a GUI.
    It fixes the size of the root partition. Sets it back to 300MB.

If, after upgrading, you can't listen to music, or watch videos, then you will need to reset your settings.
    Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings

Your may need to run the reset twice.
    this is by skylarec in jailbreak section