Ah.. the tools, the tools.

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by crizh4x, Dec 31, 2008.

1. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You know, I've heard a lot of requests lately for things dealing with music management. Not just with individual songs, but with entire libraries as well.

Would anyone be interested in an application that can do what you really want? An app that can... in many ways, fill in the gap, the giant void... that iTunes has created?

I haz idea(s)​

This is how things are going to go if you like my idea(s):

First, I need a squadron of devotees to help me out with finishing iPhone Utilities. The hard work is done, for the most part, I just need help with debugging the 8,000+ lines of code that make up the elegance that it is. The main reason it has been delayed so many times is a lack of support, not necessarily a lack of innovation or a lack of determination.

Once iPhone Utilities is finished and released, I want to begin working on something that can be used on a much larger scale. This is the second phase of my scheme...

The application has no name, as it is mere concept at this point in time. For now, we'll call it the missing link. Lets say that this "Missing Link" provides iTunes the ability to perform a wireless sync. Think it isn't possible? I think it's very possible. Lets say that this app can automatically import your PwnPlayer and MewSeek files directly into your iTunes Library on your computer or your iPod. Think it isn't possible... I think it's very possible. Lets say that you accidentally delete your library on your computer and the only place it remains intact is on your iPod (Jailbroken or not).. you want it back? you can click a button.

Right now, that's all I've got in the way of ideas.. but I like what I'm thinking. The application will allow for either USB or SSH support, and on the fly switching between the two.

Now, lets hear some feature requests and some input or I won't take this thing even an inch off the ground.

Brainstorm time

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sounds great, although without a SUPER fast SSH connection, music uploading/downloading will be pretty slow.
  3. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    this sounds very very cool, though i'm feeling iffy on the part of having itunes do a wireless sync, as this would mean making some kind of mod
    otherwise, it all sounds really feasible and i'd love to see it happen
    kind of like a godly music/media app that can import files from virtually anywhere
    would be quite awesome

i'd volunteer to help out, but, i don't know anything about objective-C (yet)
  4. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, management would occur mostly on Windows... I would later migrate to Objective-C and the iPod/iPhone itself.

I think you misunderstand me though, I won't touch iTunes one bit, I'll just use the same things iTunes uses to operate in my app. I'm not going for an iTunes replacement, I just want to write something that can take what iTunes provides and make it work differently. I have the plan all made up in my head. Making it work is more complex.

And Nick, I said USB and SSH would be on the fly so that you can switch between them at any time lol.
  5. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

sounds pretty cool.. i wanna see how this works out, i suck in that though
  6. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol... I wasn't talking about USB at all. I was talking about WIRELESS backup. SSH = SLOW.
  7. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a few ideas for that as well. We'll play with it.
  8. viciouskilla

viciouskilla New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think that is a good idea of an app. If you need people to test it out, just IM me.
  9. jlb8soccer

jlb8soccer Member

Device:
    iPhone
    WiFi would make the most sense for a wireless backup and sync.

And if you wanted to get even fancier you could create an application in which you can share a song wirelessly with another person similar to the Zune.
  10. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Cant you do that with air sharing in the app store?

Anyways I never saw this thread before and I think it is a great idea for a wireless sync. I cant wait for something like this.