Again, $15 to anyone that can fix this.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by comatose, Mar 7, 2008.

1. comatose

comatose New Member

I had another thread, but noone ever rread the updates, so again $15 and rep up for grabs, possible 20-25 if this happens TONIGHT.

My ipod touch was recently not connecting to my computer at all. I figured it was me tinkering with a file on accident, so I used IJailbreak and it completely restored it just a few minutes ago.

There is a problem though, I am not sure if it completely restored it, as I am currently at a screen with the Itunes symbol and the Cable symbol, which is the restore mode.

The only problem is, my ipod still cannot connect to both me and my friends computer, so I am stuck at this worthless screen with an itunes symbol.

How do I get rid of that screen if My Ipod doesnt connec tto my computer. I tried turnign it off/on, etc, but still nothing. Even if I cannot put music on it while conencting to the computer, I would at least like to use the youtube and safari application.

HELP!
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Huh...

Try turning it off (Sleep and home for 10 secs), and then use my video in my signature...

It will bring you to the same screen, but it hopefully connects.
  3. comatose

comatose New Member

4. comatose

comatose New Member

i dont think you understand. both of my usb cords for ipod touch do not put any power onto the ipod touch. Its like not even having them connected. Nothing happens, it doesnt charge, doesnt power on when connected, etc, etc
  5. schnikelfritz576

schnikelfritz576 New Member

im thinking u might have a defective ipod. I've never heard of this before so if i were u i would call apple or email them.
  6. comatose

comatose New Member

It has worked perfectly ever since I got it in september and just a few days ago started doing this

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. kitren2

kitren2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    terminate all apple,itunes,ipod releated proccess by ctrl alt delete and going to the proccess tab if that doesnt work go to the next thing i say. then i would reinstall itunes restart you computer then terminate and try. if that doesn't work try another computer and try step 1 and 2. if that dont work take it to apple.

EDIT: Some more tricks.
    For Windows:
    Use iBrickr (search)
    or iPhuc (search)

For Mac: Independance (search)

Thos get you out of a brick.

Or use a different USB. Usually the ones in the front are less strong because they are used a lot more and the ones in the back are supposed to be for something that need more power.

Hopefully you fixed your ipod.
  8. x6blues

x6blues New Member

try this, http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42102 it applies to bricked ipod but if u reinstall the driver then u should be set, hopefully.

btw if u are going to pay ppl each time u have a problem then u are going to be broke pretty quickly. my method may not work, but just keep trying
  9. hovik818

hovik818 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    okay try this, when connected, dont reconnect your ipod, reconnect your usb to another spot. It should work for sure.
  10. CF4714

CF4714 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Try this...

• Unplug your iPod from the computer.
    • Hold the top button and the home button for 10 seconds (Keep the iPod off)
    • Restart your computer
    • When your computer is loaded back up, connect it to your iPod on a different USB port.
    • If iTunes recognizes the iPod, Part A (This is only if it detects it in Recovery Mode) Download the firmware which you want to use HERE
    • When downloaded, Hold Shift and left click on Restore in iTunes, this should ask you to locate the firmware which you downloaded.
    • If done correctly, your iTouch screen should go white for a few seconds then go through a 5 minute restore

Tell me what happens and I'll try to help.