After you jailbreak 1.1.4 ..

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by petur1988, Jun 4, 2008.

1. petur1988

petur1988 New Member

After you jailbreak 1.1.4 what do you do after and how do you apply the theme that you want.. I HAD SEARCH BUT I GET CONFUSE OF WHAT TO DO and what else is needed to be on the itouch in term of adding stuff after the jailbreak

I really don't get what jailbreak really is... does this have to do with like installing other apps or themes or games??

first time doing this.. ;[ sorry

Also if you add games does it go into an icon? I was looking at gba emulator but i'm not sure what to do yet.
  2. JBB

JBB New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Most jailbreaking methods install an app called Installer on your iPod. This is a package manager, it allows you to install, uninstall and update packages (applications, themes etc.).

Jailbreaking, is just allowing access to the iPod/iPhone filesystem. Installer just makes it easier to put 3rd party packages on your device.

Yes, apps you install are shown as an icon on your SpringBoard (home screen).
  3. petur1988

petur1988 New Member

OK thanks.. last question how would you get the themes you want... because I'm waitng for that new iron man themes in the iPod touch Theme Previews to download it so how would you apply it on your itouch?? through the installer??
  4. fiRe_aT

fiRe_aT New Member

the installer is just the connection to a database you can access via wifi. if it's available you should see it in your installer themes list on your ipod =)
  5. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    if you have the theme on your cpu, then you drag it into /private/var/root/libraryy/summerboard/themes, into your ssh program
  6. petur1988

petur1988 New Member

whats a shh program??
  7. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

*facepalm*

Installer>All Packages>Type "summerboard" at the top

Install it, and then you can use (most) themes.
  8. petur1988

petur1988 New Member

bump.. whats a shh program
  9. proverb

proverb New Member

can some1 correct me but is SSH the Mac or pc software for you to actually browse your ipod touch??

but replyting to the first message

Installer is the application which lets you install applications for your ipod touch

To get new and better or more updateed applications we use sources which let us browse a source and download the application we want
    there are many sources with diffrent apps and in diffrnet applications

the best way to jailbreak a ipod is using ziphone (www.ziphone.org) follow the steps
    and jailbreak.....with the new ziphone application uit already installs the MUST needed files for you to go and install applications ( which is handy) so u can be ready to download apps.

Keep on searching the site there is a stickied thread which will answer all your questios in greater details and will give you are very good source to help you start off and a very good source is also ispazio
  10. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

SSH is Secure Shell, or a way of wirelessy exchanging files with another computer (in this case, your iPod). You don't need to worry about that unless your an advanced user.

Simply go into installer and find Summerboard.app, and then you can apply themes to your iPod.