After using APTBackup iPod Touch 2G won't boot

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by smb.ben, Mar 18, 2009.

1. smb.ben

smb.ben New Member

Hey Guys, I really appreciate the help. Ok, I just went to upgrade my iPod Touch 2G from a tethered jailbreak to an untethered. I used QuickFreedom, but thats irrelevant. Before I jailbroke I used APTBackup to try and save the massive amount of apps and other stuff I had gotten from Cydia. It backed up with problem. Then I backed up everything on my iPod with iTunes. At this point everything is going great. Then I loaded up QuickFreedom and made the custom firmware...yada yada yada...and eventually had my iPod successfully jailbroken with problem, had cydia and all that fine. I then resynced everything back on (which took like an hour and a half

Please Register or Log in to view images

...). I then installed APTBackup from Cydia and hit "Restore". It then went throught the process of restoring, since it appeared it would take a long time and since I'm sick I decided to take a nap. When I awoke I found my iPod in the process of booting up, i thought "yay its done" but soon found otherwise. My iPod is stuck in it's booting state, where it show the apple, it never goes on to the springboard. During this cycle it connects and disconnects from my PC randomly, not long enough for iTunes to get a proper restore. I also can't get it into DFU mode because it cant turn off. I hold the power button and get nothing, when I hold the power and home it restarts, i can't get it off. Eventually after trying to boot for like 20 min. it auto-restarts and trys again.

Please Help Me! It would appear my iPod has been practically bricked by this menace!!! I don't know what went wrong in the process but its messed up! I'll try any suggestions you can give, thanks!
  2. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    The bolded is a complete lie, since you see the boot logo, it is not bricked. Just go into DFU mode and restore
  3. smb.ben

smb.ben New Member

You obviously didn't read the whole thing, my iPod can't be turned off...i.e. NO DFU! And i said practically bricked for a reason, i highly doubt it is actually bricked.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok, finally after many tries it went into DFU this time instead of restarting. Problem should be resolved.
  4. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It doesn't have to turn off to go into DFU
  5. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Then you weren't doing DFU Mode right...
  6. Pyroball

Pyroball New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This happened to me. I just DFU+restored and set it up as a new ipod. worked fine
  7. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i had the same problem

restore fixed it, stupid aptbackup

8. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    APTBackup has never given me any major problem like this.

Wonder what causes it.
  9. sbdxaric

sbdxaric Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    DO NOT RESTORE!!! there is a fix for this some where in the forums.... i have to find it

something to do with mobilewatchdog