After uploading custom IPSW no signs of life from ipod :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by jpxdude, Feb 1, 2009.

1. jpxdude

jpxdude New Member

Hi All,

I've asked this in a few threads but haven't had a response from anyone.

I've got to the stage where I restored the custom 2.2.1 ipsw file to the ipod, and then it just switches off.

Since then, my ipod hasn't shown any signs of life, and the screen stays off, and pressing any buttons doesn't do anything. Have I 'bricked' my ipod? What have I done wrong, and what can I try from this stage?

Thanks in advance for any help offered!
  2. ollieifone

ollieifone New Member

This is Ok, you now have to do the DFU (it wont do anything) and itunes will say its in recovery and the ipod will still look dead. Then follow the stages in the mac guide to inject the patch and boot the ipod.

I had the same reaction until i tryed this. So into DFU, still looking dead and then follow a mac guide on this forum

Hope this helps
  3. zippo123

zippo123 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    it does for me too, and thge computer is not recognizes the ipod...what do i do now? =(
  4. ollieifone

ollieifone New Member

Thats meant to happen, just do the DFU (no signs of life will show until done correctly) 10 seconds on home and sleep button and then let go of sleep and carry on holding home for 7 - 8 secs. iTunes opens and says ipod is in recovery the u inject the patch and use the boot bit.
  5. Jedipottsy

Jedipottsy New Member

this happens every time you turn your ipod off. Nothing will happen untill you put into DFU mode again, and re run the commands

./rslite
    !iBSS211.dfu
    ./rslite
    #pwn211ibss.txt
    !iBSS221pwn.dfu
    ./rslite
    !iBoot221pwn.img3
  6. jpxdude

jpxdude New Member

Thanks guys, that seems to have done the trick got the ipod to DFU, and did the rest of the guide.

When iTunes came up I restores last backup, rebooted, and resynced my apps, not sure if I should have done this? I noticed there is no Cydia icon also, should it have just appeared? Thanks again guys for all your help!
  7. zippo123

zippo123 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    but where can i get the boot? you mean boothelper? how can i get it?
  8. ollieifone

ollieifone New Member

Mine can with the redsnow folder