After updating back to 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Bonesone4, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Bonesone4

Bonesone4 New Member

After Ive jailbroken the iPod and restored version 1.1.2 i notice that the installer app disapears. I know this is a noob question but whats the next step? I can figure out what to do if someone just lets me know the first thing to do after upgrade. I just need to know how to put the installer app back on my touch screen. thanks guys

Bones
  2. -LB-

-LB- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hope this helps
  3. Bonesone4

Bonesone4 New Member

Thanks Ill let u know how I make out

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. -LB-

-LB- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
  5. ben471

ben471 New Member

Make sure you upated to 1.1.2, and did not restore. If you did a restore to get to 1.1.2 then you will lose what oktoprep did.
  6. Bonesone4

Bonesone4 New Member

Ok so I kinda got a little lost at one point and just started over. So heres where Im at man. I downgraded to 1.1.1 and when I went to Jailbreakme.com on my iPod it crashed safari like it should, but it doesnt load or download anything like it should. ????

Sorry bout this. I know this should be easy but its really frustrating right now haha
  7. danehf

danehf New Member

is this for p.c only?
  8. deveelx

deveelx New Member

If you started over without restoring your iPod back to its original settings then that means your iPod is already and still jailbroken at some point in 1.1.1 firmware. All you need to install OktoPrep is you haven't done it yet and do the update to 1.1.2. Once you finished updating it to 1.1.2 you will notice that the Installer icon is missing which is normal.

Now you need to jailbreak in 1.1.2 using the 1.1.2-jailbreak.

Here's how:
    1. Download 1.1.2-jailbreak (if you haven’t done it so) and unzip it to your computer.
    2. Now you must close iTunes but keep your iPod connected to your computer.
    3. Open up the folder you unzipped which is the 1.1.2-jailbreak folder. There should be six items in the folder which includes the windows.bat (PC) and jailbreak.jar (Mac).
    4. For PC users, double click on windows.bat. For Mac users, double click on jailbreak.jar. Wait for few seconds until a small window appears. When it does click/check “Install SSH”, don’t change the default password which is “alpine”, and lastly click “Jailbreak!”
    5. Your iPod should now be on the process of jailbreaking firmware 1.1.2. This may take awhile, about 5-10 minutes. Let it do its thing.
    6. When you see the “OK” button you are almost done. You need to wait until your iPod finish rebooting few times. Once your iPod is done rebooting few times you may click the “OK” button. Check your iPod to see if the “Installer” icon is there and a new icon called “SSH” as well. If you do see those icons then you have successfully jailbroken your iPod touch.

If you are still confused and really frustrated then you may want to start all over again by restoring your iPod to its original settings. You can do this by clicking the "Restore" button on iTunes. This will wipe your iPod's data including songs, movies, the jailbreak, and stuff. Then once you did that you can start the jailbreak process starting from downgrading to 1.1.1.
    You can go to this site if you want. itouchers.us.to. I wrote the tutorial originally for my two friends. You can use that guide as well if you would prefer.

Remember: I, nor ipotouchfans.com, will not be held liable if you brick your ipod during the process.
  9. Bonesone4

Bonesone4 New Member

No it's for a mac
  10. Thrash_648

Thrash_648 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    this happened to me, just be pertisistent. it took about 15-20 times to get mine to work.

gd luck

Please Register or Log in to view images