After restore, music syncs into "Other" category!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sctt, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Sctt

Sctt New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    After restoring my ipod from a jailbroken 2.2.1 to a clean 2.2.1, my iPod Touch 2G looks to sync all apps and music correctly.

Upon unplugging from my computer, I found that, in fact, none of my music or apps were available. When I plug my iPod back in, I see that all of my music and apps were synced into the "Other" category, taking up about 4GB of nothing.

I used a clean (apple provided) firmware to restore, and put my iPod in DFU mode beforehand. Did I miss a certain step in the restore process? I am still able to download apps from within my iPod, but nothing synced seems to stay put.

(I am using a Hackintosh, an Intel-based Mac that had run Windows 7 beforehand. Would authorizing by computer be an issue?)

Also, I recently restored to 3.0b2, but I am willing to revert back to a clean 2.2.1 if it is needed to fix the issue. Note that this happens on any firmware I restore to.
  2. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Did you restore to a backup? If so restore again and DO NOT restore the backup.
  3. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just to expand, there's a good chance (about 45% of the time) that the restore points iTunes makes fer iPT, and iPhone become corrupted and/or don't work properly. There's always the chance that it could work after a clean restore, but it's really the backup's fault.

Another thing is that sometimes the bar at the bottom the screen isn't accurate/ is missin' info; fer a while the apps I had installed didn't show up on that bar. At the very least, reboot the computer and plug the iPod/Phone in again.

Good Luck =}
  4. Sctt

Sctt New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I used a clean restore each time on both firmwares, and I've never used a backup.

Since I'm using 3.0b2, I guess the only thing I can do is wait for the jailbreak to be released, and maybe i'll be able to SSH music to my 2G. Never had to do that though, so I'm a bit skeptic on how this is all gonna work out.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm a bit worried that I'll have to send it in for a replacement, but I know that it's next to impossible to brick an iPod Touch.