After pwning, App Store apps do not work

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Johnny_Vegas, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Johnny_Vegas

Johnny_Vegas New Member

I just bought a used 8GB iPhone on eBay, unlocked it and jailbroke it with winpwn, and am currently running 2.0.2 on it. Everything works flawlessly with the notable exception of App Store apps. They don't work. I can download and install them, but when I run them, they only run for a few seconds before they crash and I'm returned to the icon screen. Apps installed from Cydia and Installer work just fine.

I've done all the obvious stuff: Turning the phone off/on, restarting the phone, uninstalling/reinstalling an application, syncing the phone, restoring the phone from a pwned backup, downgrading to 2.0 (from 2.0.2) and completely re-pwning the phone. None of it works.
  2. prettylilstar

prettylilstar New Member

you know what im having the same problem with my ipod touch that i brought from my brother the apps worked b4 then i formatted it and downloaded them again and the same things happen that you said annoying or wot!!!
    anyone any ideas???
  3. Johnny_Vegas

Johnny_Vegas New Member

I found the solution on another forum; hopefully this helps anyone with the same problem:

1) Connect your iPhone. When iTunes opens up, go to Store --> Deauthorize Computer and deauthorize your computer.
    2) Sync your iPhone.
    3) Go to Store --> Authorize Computer and re-authorize your computer.
    4) Sync your iPhone.

That solved my problem! Now everything works like a charm.