After Jailbreaking What do I do?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by BLKLBL, Nov 9, 2007.

1. BLKLBL

BLKLBL Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Can you help me with what i'm supposed to do after I jailbreak my Ipod Touch?

I just read the stickies but I don't have the slightest clue what to do at all. After I jailbreak my Ipod I open my FTP and then what files do I send to it and where do I send them? I want to install the NES Emulator and some roms I have...

Or what steps do I take right after I jailbreak my Ipod Touch..I dont know where to begin.
  2. rossiposse

rossiposse New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
  3. BLKLBL

BLKLBL Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I read the stickies before I posted this...And my question was already in there...But it doesn;t give an answer for it.

"17. What is jailbreaking? or How do I install applications after jailbreak? or (sadly often) lol i jailbrekd now wut??

Jailbreaking ALLOWS you to (relatively easily) install new applications on your iPod touch, but it doesn't do it for you! However, you cannot install new applications without jailbreaking, that includes iPhone applications. After you jailbreak, applications are not automatically installed. Instead, consider your device restored to a state like a brand new computer: You can install the applications you want or need on it.

You can install most third-party applications (i.e. non-iPhone applications) currently available with Installer. The name is a bit of a dead give-away, I would've thought. For iPhone applications, see #7"

What do I do after I jailbreak?
  4. Random Name

Random Name New Member

Looking for that answer to!
  5. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Use the search button.
  6. BLKLBL

BLKLBL Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    and search for what? shouldn't it be in a sticky if it's so much trouble for people to answer this question?
  7. stellar

stellar New Member

do you already have the installer? if you do, install the emulator. depending on the os that you are using, download an ssh browser (im using cyberduck in mac) to be able to transfer files. try this it's very helpful:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1840

it is true that you should search but is answering a simple question really harder than lecturing a person to search.. why not just help? this is a forum..