After Jailbreak.jar I'm in Recovery mode.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by vaxdood, Jan 24, 2008.

1. vaxdood

vaxdood Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I've read a number of threads about this, but haven't read any answers as to why this happens. I've tried to search many times today, but the search engine won't work, it says try again later... So I apologize if this has been answered, but I can't find it...

I have a MacBook Pro, running Leopard, and an iPodTouch running 1.1.2. These are the steps I've taken to jailbreak it and the results are the same every time. I must be doing something wrong, but I haven't been able to figure out what. Any help would be appreciated.

Step 1. Put iPod in Recovery Mode and downgrade/restore to 1.1.1 firmware from iTunes.
    Step 2. Use Safari on iPod to go to www.jailbreakme.com and install AppSnapp.
    Step 3. Use Installer to install OKtoPrep.
    Step 4. Restart iPod and "Upgrade" to 1.1.2 firmware in iTunes.
    Step 5. Quit iTunes, leave iPod on, and run jailbreak.jar.

It says it completes ok, and the iPod will restart a couple times. But it doesn't, it just comes up in Recovery Mode and stays there forever. iTunes comes back up, and says it detected an iPod in Recovery Mode. So I clicked "Ok" then quit iTunes again, and clicked on the "completed jailbreak ok" window, but, nothing...

What am I (and many others that I have read about) doing wrong?

Tks...
  2. gotti109

gotti109 New Member

Perfectly described!!!!!!

Plz help us
  3. tabsfx

tabsfx New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm having the same problem. Just wondering, what version is your iTunes?
  4. miendo

miendo New Member

I'm on Windows XP, iTunes 7.6.0.29, jailbroken iPod Touch 1.1.2
    I downloaded iBrickr and followed the procedure.
    Everything went fine until I installed the "1.1.3 soft upgrade" package with the Installer.
    It started to install, then suddenly my iPod rebooted and started in Recovery Mode.
    How can I fix that?
  5. o0_ravers_0o

o0_ravers_0o New Member

Hello and Good morning boy's . I had the same Problem on my itouch. The way i ended up getting around it is I put it into recovery mode to begin with before startying the process of downgrating to 1.1.1 as described in Lifehacker *google it* once i have installer I used another pc to finish the proccessof upgrading to 1.1.2 not sure why it worked but it did. After two days of trying out every darrn youtube tutor and so forth that was my solution. give it a shot. PS wont be around to give answers currently in the process of moving

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. vaxdood

vaxdood Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I'm running iTunes 7.6 on a MacBook Pro with Leopard 10.5.1.

This didn't work for me. I put my iPodTouch into recovery mode, and downgraded to 1.1.1 on my Laptop, installed AppSnapp, then installed OKtoPrep. Then I put jailbreak.jar and 1.1.2 on a jump drive and copied it to my 400MHz PowerPC G4 (running OS 10.4.11) then tried the update to 1.1.2 and jailbreak.jar. Same result... Recovery Mode...

More help is requested...

7. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

I had the same problem as well. I finally gave up and stuck with the 1.1.1 firmware. I think the only difference is that 1.1.2 runs a little bit faster and there's some bug fixes, and the calendar fix. YOU can get the calendar fix off of installer, and as for the rest, I just said screw it. I posted threads in a number of forums, I searched and searched, and I must have tried to do the 1.1.2 jb a million times, and always got stuck in recovery mode limbo.

I updated, so I'm now on legit 1.1.3. I may JB again, but I'm probably going to wait for the SDK. I'd probably do it now because it seems like a challenge, but there seem to be more potential risks involved than prior Jailbreaks.
  8. vaxdood

vaxdood Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Hello.... Still no resolution for this common problem...

Please help.

9. vaxdood

vaxdood Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Bump, for a problem that many of us have...

Please help...
  10. hdwicked

hdwicked New Member

same problem for me why isnt there a fix yet or a solution.