After 2.0.2 jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by blahzay, Sep 1, 2008.

1. blahzay

blahzay New Member

I have just jailbroken 2.0.2 and I am wondering if there are any important things I should download first. Because, I remember that in 1.x you had to install bosstoo and move fonts. So is there anything important to download first?
  2. opsguy

opsguy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I would suggest the following to do first.

Open Cydia, it will show a screen saying "Reorganizing folders". Allow it a few mintues to finish, then close Cydia. Now open Cydia again.

In Cydia you should see a pop up about "Essential Updates". Install all the essential updates, then close and reboot device.

In Cydia - Install BossTool. Run BossTool and use it "Relocate Fonts" (Cydia already moved Ringtones & Apps). While using BossTool to relocate fonts you will not see any change on the screen and it will look like it is not working, but be patient as it takes a few minutes. When it is done your screen will show a larger number of MB under Disk Space.

From Cydia - in Category "Networking", install OpenSSH.

Lastly a couple apps I recommended also in Cydia:
    "Winterboard" in the category "System".
    "gpSPhone" (Gameboy emulator) and "NES" in category "Games".

Have fun.
  3. jack.misner@virgin.net

jack.misner@virgin.net New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    boss prefs is also a useful tool to have as it allows quick switching on or off on customizable features.
    OpenSSH is a MUST
    Respring isa useful to to have if you SSH a lot.
  4. drey2k

drey2k New Member

For the BossTool thing, isn't it better to have more space on the larger hard drive than on the OS drive?

It moves fonts from the OS drive to the larger drive right? How is this better?
  5. jack.misner@virgin.net

jack.misner@virgin.net New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    because the os is stored on the smaller partition and having that partition have more space allows the os to run slightly faster. it also means that if you happen to install more than 500 mb of fonts (highly unlikely but just ignore that atm) then you can because you have a larger hard drive to install them to.