After 1.1.3 Upgrade I still had...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by demetry14, Jan 16, 2008.

1. demetry14

demetry14 New Member

After the 1.1.3 upgrade I still had all of my Userspace information. I descided to buy the update software & got all those apps. Well one interesting thing I noticed was that my mail was already setup weather already had my saved placed from my jailbroken day Notes had every note & stock was customized with all of my stock options.

Now mind you I did a full restore & choose not to restore iTouch previous profiles & have a completely empty iPod Touch at this point except for those lingering files from the Userspace. So what I am guessing is Apple has choosen not to completely kill the Jailbreak information stored in the Userspace & therefore leaves themself open for Jailbreak yet again.

Also since I am not the best of programmers out there maybe someone can make a simple "Virus Like" application that runs on boot that gives the user access to his Userspace no matter the condition of the OS space. This way we can restore 1.1.3, boot & in a few seconds are greated by a file on the desktop that gives access to the AFPd (also hidden during previous Jailbreak) so we can then install whatever needed via a friendly service.
  2. owie007

owie007 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    actually these data are stored in a different folder that a restore/update wont be able to touch/delete...
    i am referring to the mail accounts; stock, weather and maps settings... they are also backed up on your computer....
  3. Eclipse8800

Eclipse8800 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    for some unknown reason itunes made my ipod not readable and my ipod touch is empty with no songs and videos. i clicked the update and 1.1.3 popped up. i have no choice so im updating to 1.1.3 now that im typing this.
  4. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You could have downloaded the 1.1.2 or 1.1.1 firmware...... now you're screwed. downgrading from 1.1.3 isn't as easy....

How have you been in this forum since october and posted over 40 posts and do not know this???
  5. derjan

derjan New Member

i tried the 1.1.2 jailbreak and i think it would work with a new version on the 1.1.3 if there was installed oktoprep in 1.1.1 .
    correct me if i´m wrong!

now erica says in her 1.1.3-live-blog:
    And I'm back to 1.1.3. That's a wrap for now guys. More as I explore... (No, the Oktoprep and symbolic link were both complete dead ends. There is no working jailbreak for 1.1.3 at this time.
  6. Eclipse8800

Eclipse8800 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i tried the 1.1.1 and the 1.1.2 but it cannot restore the ipod touch. im now downloading 1.1.3 and see if it helps.

itunes says cannot update firmware.
  7. demetry14

demetry14 New Member

Uhhhh what!!!

The folders for the OS space are wiped clean when the new OS is added. The Userspace is never touched unless by you at the request of iTunes.

& Second like I said I did not restore the previous settings "& I know this for a fact" because all previous backups on my Mac were trashed by "Muah".

So like I said, OS partition is wiped & rewritten. User Partition "aka iTunes Partition" is left alone.
  8. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

Yea, there will still be data left over if they are in certain folders on your iPod Touch that are locked or can't be deleted it will stay on there..
  9. bodi_dillon

bodi_dillon New Member

y did u upgrade to 1.1.3 firmware, spending an unnecessary $20 for it to still not be as good as jailbreak?
  10. demetry14

demetry14 New Member

I am a developer, do you really think I upgrade to "Not Jailbreak it", I have scripted a simple script file that threw files stored in the user partition onto my desktop after every reboot. So I have Mobile Finder & Firmware 1.1.3. & the reason it worked is because the folder it was in was a symlink to the iPod Touch "Run @ Boot" folder.

I am not in it to be famous just to out program the over paid Apple Developers.