Afro Ninja Theme Broken!

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by iAuzy, Aug 21, 2008.

1. iAuzy

iAuzy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Afro Ninja Theme is Broken!

I recently downloaded the Afro Ninja Theme off of Cydia for Summerboard (WinterBoard)
    for the 2.0 software. I also have WbApp which is a WinterBoard "helper" and allows you to
    see themes before it is loaded onto your iPod/iPhone.

I went on to WbApp and tapped on Afro Ninja and it just came up as the regular black
    background with all my icons. I thought it might be that animated backgrounds do not work
    on WbApp so I loaded the theme onto my iPod Touch. It restarted Springboard and went
    back to the lock screen.

I tried unlocking it and it would not unlock, I pressed the home button and for some reason
    it made it unlock... I then tried using an application and it would not even start the
    application, so I pressed the home button and it loaded it for about 1 second and then just
    closed it and went to the home screen.

Apparently when you use the Afro Ninja Theme everything lags, and the only thing the
    makes it "un-lag" is pressing the home button. But unfortunately for me, I could not change
    the theme since it was closing the application so I had to restore.

Unless you want to restore your iPod or iPhone the don' t install this theme and use it. And
    if anyone has used this theme and it has worked, please put a message below because I
    do not yet know if it is only my iPod or everyones.
  2. yungsta

yungsta New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had the exact same problem, I just kept pressing the home button then the winterboard app button until it finally loaded. It took like 7 times, but winterboard finally stayed open then a just unchecked afro ninja and it went back to my regular background. Everything is working find and I didn't have to restore. For everyone else i don't reckon you download this
  3. maclac

maclac New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sorry, I went through that whole debacle two nights ago but never thought to post about it - figured it was just me.

The video is obviously to cup intensive to work

Malc
  4. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I ran into that problem also. What you're supposed to do is restart your touch by holding the home and power button until the touch turns off. Than, you restart the touch, and SSH into your iPod. Find the Winterboard.app folder, go into it, and delete the Afro Ninja theme. Than, disconnect from SSH and restart.