"African-American" Movies

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by whatproblems, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whatproblems

whatproblems New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    i live here in the US, and within the last year or so there have been a CRAPLOAD of movies about black people, focused on black people doing stupid crap... what is up with this? does anyone know?

im not racist at all, but i am wondering what is up with that

i know you can say there are a lot of movies about white people out too, but it seems like all of a sudden there are a ton of these movies coming out...

First Sunday
    Welcome Home Rosco Jenkins
    Are We There Yet?

i can't even remember the half of them, but it seems like there are a lot of them that came out recently

i remember sometime about a few months ago, like 4 came out at once and all sucked

and the ONLY REASON I AM BRINGING THIS UP is because i have seen a LOT of stuff on TV about "Black Movie Awards" and "Black Movie Reviews" if anything, THAT is racist, if we had "White Movie Awards" or "White Movie Reviews" Jesse James and Al Sharpton would be all over it....

btw, i am voting for Obama if he wins the democratic partys thing, hillary doesn't have a clue whats going on....
  2. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

i believe ur refering to stereotypically black movies that perpetuate the stereotypes of how the average black american acts?

yea ive been wondering the same thing actually
  3. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

Give an example of these so call movies that you see black people doing dumb stuff?

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Although you tried not to sound it. Your post did come across as racist.
  5. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

thats steryotypical...

name some movies that included the black ethnic group as the protagonist....

i can only think of a few that have been in this decade...

american gangster
    ali
    wutwut, nothing else
  6. whatproblems

whatproblems New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    hit the nail on the head....

these movies just perpetuate the stereotypes on how black people act.... like if anyone remembers barbershop and friday, next friday... etc.

like i said, i am not racist, just wondering why there have been a lot of movies made by black people, mainly for black people, and they generally just show the normal typical stereotypes that are out there for a black american....

and take for instance the chapelle show....

also if we had a channel called WET, (white entertainment television) there would be lawsuits from here to the moon..... yes, i know we have MSNBC and CNN, but come on...
  7. nclaxmiddy11

nclaxmiddy11 Active Member

STOMP THE YARD, CROSSOVER, and that one movie about fat black guys playing golf. All horribble movies
  8. nclaxmiddy11

nclaxmiddy11 Active Member

yeah wet would not come across good haha
  9. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

you took wat i said and expanded it (except chappelles show, that has actually done alot to debunk stereotypes through comedy!)

i commend you sir
  10. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

I saw the golf one, that suck so bad, one of the worst movies I have seen. The only good part about it was it had any milinocus(I know I spelled that wrong)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.