Advise on BT dongle please! wiRevo A100...

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by GPMIKR, Jan 25, 2009.

1. GPMIKR

GPMIKR New Member

I'm planning on getting myself a wiREvo A100 BT (bluetooth) Dongle. As none of the stores in my country have it, I'm left with only one choice of buying it online....so the down side its I couldn't try it on first. :

Please advise on the following question:
    - Will it work on Ipod Touch 2gen?
    - Can it be paired to other headset that is not the same brand (non wiREvo headset).
    - will it switch between phone and music.

Thanks guys....
  2. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No
    No
    No

Unless the iPod 2G can be jailbroken, which it can't, there will be no bluetooth for it.
  3. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

The 2g HAS been jailbroken... *BAM* reality check!
  4. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Uhm, IDIOT. It hasn't been publicly jailbroken. And even then, the iBluetooth team will probably need a new hack for the 2G Bluetooth.

Also, next time you try to smart ass your way through calling me an idiot by saying the 2g has been jailbroken, think about who you are talking to. kthx.
  5. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The OP asked about a bluetooth DONGLE, not built in bluetooth. Yes, the dongles work with the iPod Touch 2G. I am currently using a pair of Jaybird wireless headsets with their own proprietary dongle. It works great. If you do a search for bluetooth or bluetooth adapters or bluetooth headsets in these forums, you will find info about the ones that work. Jaybird does sell a universal dongle separately for $50.

I pair my headset with my Motorola V3m. It switches between the phone and music automatically, without a single touch of a button.

I have no experience with the wiRevo, but I would be hesitant to purchase it for the iPod Touch 2g. From the documentation I've read, it doesn't suggest anywhere that it would work with the 2G. It may work, but it most certainly won't allow charging of the 2G through the dongle. No product that charges non-Touch items will charge the Touch, as it uses a different powering system. Only items that specify that they will charge the 2G will charge it.

Hope this helps,
    Diana
  6. GPMIKR

GPMIKR New Member

Thanks Diana,

It really helps....though i really hope that a100 could work on 2gen...but my thought exactly on charging through the dongle...since it could charge all other ipod...i thought it wouldn't charge 2gen.....I just need to be re-assured...

I see a posting made by someone who shoe how to re-wire dock or older version charger so it could charge 2 gen....I wonder if i could re-wire it.

Thanks again...for the response.

Ian