advice wanted

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by aliendoughnut, Jun 2, 2010.

1. aliendoughnut

aliendoughnut Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Hi i have a jailbroken ipod touch 2g on firmware 3.1.2 Jailbroken using pwnage tool.
    I am selling this now as i have upgraded to an iphone. my question is will the new owner have to rejailbreak or can they just connect to i tunes? i am not sure how this will work so any advice will be appreciated
    thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. MarkWhittle

MarkWhittle New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i recommend updating to the latest firmware through itunes, going into Settings >> General >> Reset >> Erase All Content And Settings, then reset all the 4 options underneath it as well. you might be better off resetting the bottom 4 first because they wont take anywhere near as long as it will to erase all data and reset settings. by doing this you will be selling it on as it came brand new apart from the software update and any hardware damage and scratching.
    hope this helps

3. aliendoughnut

aliendoughnut Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Thanks for the reply mark but this doesnt answer my question.i know you can update to the latest firmware and lose the jailbreak but i want to find out if the jailbreak can be kept by the person i sell the ipod to?

4. MarkWhittle

MarkWhittle New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm not 100% sure but i think it can. i think when you sync to a new itunes it only gets rid of music, videos, apps etc. which you have put on using itunes and the app store. when you sync the jailbroken stuff has nothing to do with itunes, so i imagine you can keep all the jailbreak stuff even if you sync it to another itunes i.e. the person your selling it to
  5. CocaCola

CocaCola New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The simple answer is no.

If you wanna be nice though (or if you know the person well), you can jailbreak it for them as a little service included.
    Or, if you are selling it to a stranger, print out some easy directions on how to use Spirit.

I can't give the exact info, as I've never sold/got a used iPod, but when you set up the iPod with a certain account or computer, it can't be used with anything else. BUT you CAN use that computer to jailbreak.
  6. aliendoughnut

aliendoughnut Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
  7. Titanoman

Titanoman Banned

The new owner will need to get incarcerated, hook up with Michael Scofield, break out of prison with the device in his body cavity and escape the forces of Apple. Only hten will it be jailbroken