Advice please!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hazzah, Feb 15, 2009.

1. hazzah

hazzah New Member

i recently downloaded the application "pocket god". however it did not work because i had not read the fine print where it says that you need ipod software version 2.2.1 ok, so i tried downloading 2.2.1 but when i looked in my downloads box i had to cancel the download because it said that it was going to take up about 270 mbs. which is far to much for me since im on a 10 gig satellite broadband plan which costs you an absolute fortune if you go over the limit. which leaves me stuck since i cant download it but ive already payed for the game and want the software anyway. Any advice? any help is greatly appreciated.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    How much will you be over
  3. hazzah

hazzah New Member

not sure but i know i use alot of downloads and that this would be way too many.
  4. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Keep the game on your computer. you can always sync it back again later. you have paid for it, so its not going anywhere...

I'm on cable and regularly cap out my bandwidth every month. every time ubuntu does an update its like 12 items and 250 meg... so what i do is wait till the start of the new month and get it done first. that way its done and you can go about doing what you like with the other 9.7gig/month. remember though that the firmware is a download, not a P2P ******* thing, so it wont count against your uploads...

Start of the month, download and update 1st thing. upgrade the firmware, sync the game back on and play like a mad donkey!

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. hazzah

hazzah New Member

Thanks that is a great help ill do what you say and maybe tone down my internet usage a bit!
  6. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh gosh, how do you live with a 10gb Satellite Broadband Plan?