Advice, please re mains charger for ipod touch 32gb

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fishbone126, Jun 2, 2008.

1. fishbone126

fishbone126 New Member

Hi. I've just ordered an ipod touch 32GB from Ebay for my son's 21st next week and keeping my fingers crossed that I haven't been conned.

I don't know if it's a USA or European version, though the seller says it's UK.
    Will I be able to tell when (if) it arrives, and does it matter? I know the US ones don't have a cap on the volume so that might let me know where it's from.

I want to get a mains charger, especially as he'll be taking it to France and won't have his laptop.

I've been reading loads of forums etc and people talk about frying their ipods through using some chargers, and this is a big worry.

So, any advice, please? I'd rather buy a cheap charger with a UK plug, and I have an adapter he can borrow for France, but is it worth getting a proper travel one?
    Also, would a more expensive (which has different voltages) charger be safer and would a cheap one carry a risk of overcharging?

What would you recommend please?

I'm totally ignorant and hope you can understand what I'm asking, and appreciate any advice you can offer, please.

Many thanks
  2. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Usually, I think that most chargers do not 'fry' the iPod, as all that I have used, which is quite a bit, have not had any damage, but some have charged it up to twice as much.

That's all the advice I can really give, I have very little experience in this matter, but good luck!
  3. nbvikingsidiot001

nbvikingsidiot001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    griffin powerblock then use the cord that comes with the ipot
  4. fishbone126

fishbone126 New Member

re ipod touch 32gb mains charger

Thanks for the advice.

I wonder if the people who overcharge the battery are using a wrong-voltage charger; that's what scares me.

The griffin charger sounds a good idea because you can change the voltage, presumably.
    There's one on ebay that I'd appreciate your confirmation that it's what I want (or not), please:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=380030169195&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=025

The ipod arrived today; it is sealed and seems fine but haven't tried it yet. I don't know if it's a UK version, nor if it matters.

Still have no idea what I'm talking about and am really grateful for your help.

Cheers