Advice please and a Hi!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dan3221, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Dan3221

Dan3221 New Member

Jun 27, 2010
    New member here!

I recently got an ipod touch 3rd generation (2 weeks ago) (32gb).

Unfortunately I updated to the latest ios 4.0 firmware as I didn't think I would be jailbreaking.

However I have seen an app that I like which is in cydia. (being able to use the blackberry's internet connection over bluetooth using something called ibluever)

Is it true I need an SHSH of 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 to be able to downgrade to that firmware version? Because I never took a backup.

Just to let you know what I have tried so far:

Downloaded the 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 firmware, and I got errors during the verifying with apple process. (Different errors for both firmwares can't remember the exact error)

I then searched different youtube videos and came across one that said all you need to do is put the 74(.)..... ip in the hosts file and it will downgrade fine .......... that didn't work.

I hope someone can advise me (and other users in the same boat), what the best course of action would be to get down to firmware 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 (that's all I need for the jailbreak I believe).

2. omokas

omokas Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I think you can use idevicerestore to downgrade your iPod Touch, but it is much complicated

Please Register or Log in to view images