Advice on how to not go crazy waiting? (for fun)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Aqueya, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Aqueya

Aqueya New Member

More of a silly /humourous post..
    I'm waiting for the Toronto Ontario (CND) BestBuy stores to get their first shipments of the 64gb Ipod Touch. It was suppose to be last night/today, but they don't any yet.

I've been anxiously waiting since late august. I have to get mine from best buy, as I have a nice large gift certificate from there to pay for a large chunk of it.

I foolishly thought they' have them on the 9th or 10th.. then I thought they were suppose to have them today.. but they still don't and don't know when they will.

This will be my first ever iPod, I finally cracked for the wifi net and apps capability.

What do you guys suggest I do to not go nuts while waiting even further for the stores to FINALLY get them in?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Jam...

Jam... New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I suggest tissues and lube... you get my drift...

3. http

http New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sooner than u think they will have them in stock! Tomorrow or the day after!
  4. wryun

wryun New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I feel the same way! The next morning after the Apple convention, i went to Best Buy online to find which stores have them in stock. The website showed the new versions in stock at all of the stores! I planned on driving down during lunch, and so right before i left, i checked the website again to make sure. I then found out NONE of the BB stores within a 50 mile radius have them in stock! BUMMER!

Anyway, i ordered a 32GB model, and it should be here Friday!

I suggest you install iTunes 9.0, set up an account, and browse as much as you can in the App store. If you see a rad app/game you want to try out, find the free/lite version and download it. That way, you will have all of the cool apps already downloaded and ready to install. Also, work on getting your music and videos ready with playlists, album art, categories, etc.

If that doesn't kill enough time, then move on to reading everything you can about the new model on google! LOL
  5. Aqueya

Aqueya New Member

Sigh.
    1 week. It feels like one of the longest weeks of my life, feels more like two. I was actually shocked to realize it's been so short a time.

Has anyone in Canada ANYWHERE been able to buy a new Touch 32 or 64 from BB?
    Metaphorically banging my head on the wall.. it's all Vaporware up here.. do these things REALLY exist??
  6. wryun

wryun New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I have read about the 64GB orders from BB taking a very long time!
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243308

I ordered my 32GB from BB on the 14th, used the express shipping method for $18, and received it on the 16th! Not sure if this will be the case for the 64GB models. The free/standard shipping method on BB.com shows 32GB 2-5 business days, and the 64GB 6-10 business days.

The 64GB model must be in high demand.

I wonder if you ordered the 64GB online using express shipping you would get it by end of week. When i ordered mine express, the status on bb.com showed not shipping for a week! BUT, i still got it two days later.

Good luck!

btw, what have you been doing to pass the time along while you wait?! LOL
  7. theLorax

theLorax Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Post on here and laugh at zune hd youtube videos.
  8. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    dont think about it...ive been waiting for the iPod touch 3G since october of 2008 and i finally got one 2 days ago

9. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ummmm... Try taking up a sport. I'd suggest cross-country. There's nothing like running until you vomit!
  10. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    this...
    i like cross-country