advice on booting up jailbreaked iTouch...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BittenByBill, Aug 14, 2009.

1. BittenByBill

BittenByBill New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    First of all I'd like to say thank you in advance for the would be posters and people who will respond to this thread. I have gotten myself in a pickle:

I recently just jailbreaked my itouch...everything was fine until I used "logo-me" which is an app that lets me change or customize the bootup logo. I basically used the same resolution as the standard .png file used (less than 70kb which was recommended). that caused the "black screen"...I know it was powered on because I was able to put in DFU mode the first time, however, I used the customized firmware (generated by quickfreedom) instead of using the original 2.2.1 firmware. by the time i realized this, itunes could not restore it. I have done this before (where i got an error but that was before i got the black screen and all i did was just restore it again) and everywhere i go advises that i put it back on dfu mode again which I know how to do easily. the problem is, in order for me to do that, i'll have to turn off the ipod/itouch first. now that it's black, i can't turn it off therefore i can't do a hard reboot. do you think it's right for me to wait until the battery runs out THEN do the hard reboot.
  2. imnewtothisstuff

imnewtothisstuff New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you bricked it. NEVER USE LOGO ME. I dont think you can fix it.(from what ive read).
  3. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Did you try recovery mode?
  4. frozenkimchi

frozenkimchi Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    just connect to you computer and do a dfu mode NOW!