Advice needed...

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by bananaman22, May 29, 2010.

1. bananaman22

bananaman22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok so heres the deal:

i need to figure out if i want to buy red dead redemption or battlefield bad company 2

which one would last for a while and not go on the shelf the second i beat it... i know battlefield is multiplayer so im leaning towards that but id like some input
  2. Magnum

Magnum New Member

Red Dead is made by Rockstar, the makers of GTA. The game is HUGE and will keep you occupied for a long time. I vote for Red Dead.
  3. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Red Dead Redemption has at least 30 hours of single player gaming (with PLENTY of stuff to keep you busy outside of the main missions), and I think the multiplayer is really fun if you have a group of friends that play it. Just going around the world as a posse is fun as hell, we spent a couple of hours today just hunting bears (and each other).

The Bad Company 2 single player isn't going to keep you busy for long, so it's longevity lies largely with it's multiplayer. If you like this kind of shooter, you can't go wrong really.

Personally I'd recommend RDR because it's more unique. The atmosphere, world, story and graphics all come together perfectly and it reminds me of the first time I played San Andreas; there's just so much to do and have fun with. An example -- I'm riding my horse down a road and a woman waves asking for a ride into town. I say OK and she instead steals my horse and begins riding away. I whistle for my horse and it bucks her off and comes to me. I hogtie her with my lasso, put her on the back of the horse, ride her into the hills, drop her and slowly ride away as she is eaten alive by a pack of coyotes. This kind of stuff happens all of the time. It wasn't a mission, I didn't have to do that, it's just the kind of fun possibilities the game presents to you.