Advice needed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Flipzter, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    A friend of mine bought an iphone and doesnt like it. She wants to go back to a blackberry. So she said he was taking it back to AT&T and return it to get the blackberry since she's in her first 30 days. She offered to sell it to me for what she paid for it - $200. To me this seems like a perfect deal. I get everything that came with it plus a case and car charger. But, will she have to pay any extra costs due to not returning the iphone? She'll have to pay for the data plan anyway for the blackberry wont she? Basically, can I buy this and still have a non-guilty conscience?
  2. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Go for it dude, it's her fault she doesn't want the iPhone, her loss.
  3. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

umm..yes!

She will have to pay for the iphone..b/c shes trading it in for a blackberry.

If she didn't..she would be getting a free iphone..unless she pays for the blackberry full cost
  4. KevN

KevN Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I think the data plan won't transfer over to her blackberry. Just have her call up AT&T to cancel the data plan, then you just have to pay the 30 bucks a month or whatever, no piggybacking

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    She still has her blackberry. So, she wont have to buy another phone. I'm not going to use it as a phone. I'm just wondering if the iphone data plan costs more than a blackberry data plan I guess.
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    She will have to pay another $299 or $399 for the phone if it is not returned.
  7. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)

Whoa. That's a deal breaker then. Cant stick her for that. Will have to talk to her tomorrow and have her call to see what's what. Maybe she can tell em it was stolen.
  8. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

You didn't honestly think she was gonna get a free iphone..right?
  9. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    free? she paid $200 for it and signed up for the plan. I dont think that is considered free. I spoke with her after my last post and she says her blackberry plan was only a few dollars less than her iphone plan. So she's going to tell them she lost the iphone and wants to re-connect her blackberry and just keep the iphone plan. As far as jpg's comment, you buy the phone for 199.99. Only if you try to break your contract do you have to pay more money. And you're buying your contract, not paying more for the phone.