iOS 4.1 advice neaded....

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by percyrulz, Oct 8, 2010.

1. percyrulz

percyrulz Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hi frnds,
    i have a ipod touch 3g 32gb currently wit 3.1.3 jb with spirit. Since there are many new games like fifa11, mirrors edge etc which are in better graphics with the ios4 i would like to upgrade it. But the scene is that green pois0n will not supprot 3g devices. sn0wbreeze is useless as u have 2 be on a 3.1.2 & jailbroken by blackra1n. so wat should i do should i upgrade on ios4.0 or should i continue with the 3.1.3 or should i wait for the 4.1jb which willl take hell of a tym....
  2. yanks27ngoin

yanks27ngoin New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You shouldve upgraded to 4.0 so you could have jailbroken with star and you could have had your SHSH blobs saved. Unfortunately for you, I dont think you can upgrade to 4.0 since Apple is not signing that firmware anymore.
  3. applehacker

applehacker Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    if u hav shsh for 3.1.3 then freely upgrade............
  4. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Did you set cydia to "make my life easier". If so then check the top of the cydia homepage for what shsh blobs are saved.

If 3.1.3 and 4.0 is one of them the follow the guides to install firmware using blobs and use jailbreakme.
  5. percyrulz

percyrulz Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    in cydia its showin me that i hav shsh for 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.2, 4.1. so now wat should i do????
  6. applehacker

applehacker Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    that means u have saved ur shsh for these fw so u can always downgrade to these fw.
  7. percyrulz

percyrulz Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    so is it advisable to upgrade to 4.0 or sould i stick to 3.1.3?????
  8. yanks27ngoin

yanks27ngoin New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    4.0 is from what I understand the only firmware out there on iOS 4 that the iPod 3g's and the iPhone 3GS can be jailbroken on. If you want to be on iOS 4 and jailbroken, try to find a way that you can upgrade to an earlier iOS 4 firmware thats not 4.0.2 or 4.1. If you can, jailbreak via jailbreakme.com on your mobile safari browser and then download the PDF Patch on Cydia which i essentially 4.0.2 put into a Cydia package.

Other than that, the risks of jailbreaking on iOS 4 is the same as on any other firmware, and its nothing that a simple restore can't fix.
  9. FaL LeGeNd

FaL LeGeNd Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You forgot 4.0.1

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. zaphod666

zaphod666 New Member

Didn't want to make a new topic for a simple question so here goes. I am running 4.02 on a third gen 32gb ipod touch that has never been jailbroken before. Am I screwed or will the shatter exploit allow me to jailbreak?