iPhone 3GS Advice ? Just bought iPhone 3GS, Jailbreak + Unlock Possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tanmayajain, Mar 6, 2010.

1. tanmayajain

tanmayajain New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Im planning to buy an iPhone 3GS from the US for $200 + $175 to break the contract... through a friend whos already an at&t user.
    I want to use it in india after unlocking and jailbreaking it.

Problem is.. I was wondering?
    - Do they sell new iPhones with the latest unjailbreakable baseband with 3.1.3 preinstalled.
    - If i buy a refurbished one.. Is it then possible to unlock it and jailbreak. Do the refurbishd ones have the old jailbreakable baseband with 3.1.2.

Please Advice ? Thanks.

PS - I own a scratchless jailbroken iPod Touch 2g 16 Gig, which im planning to sell for about 150-200$. So i am aware of the jailbreaking process and all

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    they sell them with 3.1.2
    yeah its possible to jailbreak and unlock... the jailbreak will be teathered which means ever time u turn it off u have to plug it into the pc and run blackra1n again( no work around)... just use blackra1n ( google it) and download blacksn0w on blackra1n app.. hf
  3. tanmayajain

tanmayajain New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How Are you sure ? Did you just buy one recently? Im gonna buy one in april so.. Will they still be selling brand new iphone 3gs with 3.1.2 which should be unlockable. And baseband?
  4. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    they arnt going to have 3.1.3 period. they would only have 3.1.2 anyway... and if your buying in april they probly still would... if it comes with 3.1.2 u could always downgrade ( i think) and i have had experience with iphone, my friend just got one yesterday and its still on 3.1.2