Advice ? Ipod Touch- viewing Widescreen movies without the screen bars Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xcole098, Feb 24, 2009.

1. xcole098

xcole098 New Member

Here is a problem Im sure some of you have already encountered.

I often take my DVD movies and convert them so that I may view them on my Ipod Touch. Well being that all DVD's are now recorded in Wide Screen Mode they always have those annoying bars at the top and the bottom of the screen. Well on a full size Tv who cares, but on a Ipod's 3.5 inch screen it stinks.

Some have suggested the fix is as simple as tapping the screen in the upper right hand corner to zoom it up so to speak, Well that never works to take advantage of the Ipods FULL SCREEN SIZE.

So what can I do ??? I have tried some video editing software and still dont have any luck fixing this problem, I cant find a APP on Itunes to fix this issue...

If anyone has found software that will fix this issue can you please let me know the name and or website that I can buy this software.

There simply has to be a way to fix this issue. I cant see buying a Movie from ITUNES when I already purchased the same movie on DVD.

Please email me or drop me a messgae on here .. Thanks Much Joe
    ebayjoe68@hotmail.com
  2. thisISNTsparta!

thisISNTsparta! Banned

Did you try converting the video to 320x480 resolution?
  3. StaticFX

StaticFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    never thought about it really... the bars dont bother me

Please Register or Log in to view images

converting to 320x480 will either squish it to look funny, or keep the bars.
    the problem is if you want to keep the correct look, you will need to crop out the edges, which is exactly what the zoom button does.
  4. motograter

motograter New Member

Check this little program out here.
    http://nodadev.wordpress.com/pc-projects/ipodme/

Super fast conversion, EXCELLENT quality without the squished/stretched look (even if you check stretch to fit), and best of all, it's free!
    I had issues getting 2.0 & 2.1 to run, I just went with 1.2 and haven't had any problems.
  5. 123qwesz

123qwesz Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Use Xvid4psp and select iPodTouch/iPhone as your output. Et Voila! No need to fear the annoying bars anymore