Adventure's at the Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rex450se, Sep 11, 2010.

1. rex450se

rex450se Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    So I headed to one of the local Apple stores today to exchange my 32Gb since I had the light leak issue. So I walk in and the first guy takes is out of the Neopreen case I had it in, looks at it, directs me over to a lady at the counter and then hands me back the case, and puts the iPod back in the box. Playing the odds, I was pretty sure they wouldn't have one in stock, so that is why I put it in the case instead of just taking it in there in the box. So I go and speak to the lady and then with another guy. When I take the iPod out of the box to show him where the problem is, I notice the back is scratched all to hell from the hard plastic piece it came mounted to. He said he was going to check if they had replacement parts in yet to fix the screen and I just told him that wouldn't work. In the end, the first guy I talked to got his ass chewed for just putting it in the case and scratching the hell out of the back. I also have the choice to exchange it for a 32Gb or paying the difference and getting the 64Gb, which I might do. I also get a free case of my choice, whenever they end up getting them in. I figured even though they wouldn't have any ins stock it would be better to go as soon after I bought the problem so they recognize me when I go back, rather than just waiting untill they had stock and have them give me a hard time about returning it because I waited so long. So it was interesting to say the least, and worth it since I'll be getting a free case out of the deal.

Victor
  2. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That is one hell of a story my friend. Wow... did he scratch the hell out of the back on purpose?
  3. iphonee

iphonee Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    what you mean he put it in the case
    and sctracted it?
  4. longcat93

longcat93 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. GuilleiPod

GuilleiPod New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So you can exchange your iPod 4 for the light leakage issues? I have it too, I'm gonna put a case on it, so I don't think it is a big problem... besides, the Apple Store is miles away from here. What's your advice?
  6. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ipod 4g! Yeah it seems you can.
  7. rex450se

rex450se Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I don't think he did it on purpose. Sorry, it wasn't the case I had brought it in, just the box it came in from Apple. It was the hard plastic piece it comes attached to that scratched it.

Victor