Advantages/Disadvantages of Jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Bosconian, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Bosconian

Bosconian New Member

I've just got an iPod Touch 16Gb and am trying to decide whether it is worth jailbreaking or not. Could people please list the advantages and disadvantages of doing it please. I have the 1.1.4 firmware if it makes any difference. Thanks.
  2. Keeheon

Keeheon Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    A advantage is that you can have a lot of fun applications different people made and not use the same boring ones...

A disadvantage is that if you do something wrong, you can mess your iPod (or iPhone) off... (bricking, crashing, not working, ect.)

I would jailbreak using ZiPhone and just jailbreak it...
    Once you jailbreak it, you'll have a more fun time with your iPod of iPhone...

Thanks,
    Keeheon
  3. JBB

JBB New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Listen.. I know what you are thinking, there is nothing negative about jailbreaking. If your iPod bricks, it is most definitely not permanent.
    If there is an unrelated issue (hardware) that needs Apples help, restore it and bring it to Apple and they will not know anything.

I swear, I looked back after jailbreaking and thought "Why the hell was I so hesitant?"

Hope that helps.
  4. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  5. Bosconian

Bosconian New Member

6. BMANZZS

BMANZZS New Member

There is no reason why you shouldn't at least try it out for a little while. It's very easy to do now that we have the iLiberty and ziPhone programs. If you don't like it, you ALWAYS have the option of doing a fresh reflash of the firmware, and it's like new.

For me, it's not just about the wide range of applications you can install, but the freedom.

One of the more fun things about jailbreaking is being able to customize your icons and give it a new look and feel. Some of those themes are just simply beautiful.

I also love the fact that you can use a custom Safari plugin to download songs directly from a website, like www.seeqpod.com for example, and then play them in just a few taps. I use that a ton.

Anyway, that's just my two cents.
  7. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No problem

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. curtnis

curtnis New Member

hey i no this is off topic but i hav heard the iphone's hav bluetooth but u cant use it 2 connect 2 other phones, but if u get it jailbroken then u can use it properly is this true?

Please Register or Log in to view images