Advanced Home Theater Help

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Mekhami, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Mekhami

Mekhami New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I want to run my PC through to my 50" plasma tv in the living room. (For iTunes + Visualizer + Genius Playlist... good time party music on the big screen.)

How do I do this? I have multiple Composite and HDMI inputs on my TV and my roommate will be buying the surround sound system in a short while.

What cables do I need, etc?

Thanks!
  2. zachary@extremehope.org

zachary@extremehope.org New Member

If your "PC" has dvi outputs, I would get a DVI to HDMI. There most likely going to run at $20-$200. You can spend a lot of money and get gold tipped and gold plated, which is going to give you a better picture or just buy the cheapest one. The truth is unless you have some crazy video card it's not going to matter.

If you just VGA there are mutliple ways to convert it. Just go to Best Buy and look.

Hope it works...
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just a note, practically all HDMI cables are all the same (no matter how much they cost or whatever "special" feature they might have). HDMI is a digital cable, so the cable itself has very little effect on the quality. Granted, I wouldn't go sifting through garbage at your local dump until you found one, but don't feel the need to spend big bucks (and especially don't buy Monster brand cables, biggest rip-off you'll ever find).

Like he said though, a DVI or VGA adapter is probably your best bet, although a lot of computers now have S-Video outputs which might be good enough for what you want.