Advance or rewind

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by case1212, Feb 23, 2008.

1. case1212

case1212 New Member

I'm sure this question is somewhere on this forum but I have tried a search and can't seem to enter the proper term.

If I am listening to a book or a music album, how do I advance to the next song or next chapter or just advance or rewind just a bit?

When I hit the advance icon it takes me to the next album instead of advancing just a few words in the book or the next song on the album.
  2. michigan033

michigan033 Banned

Just tap the screen where it shows the album cover and the play pause buttons. Then under the name of what you are listening to a bar will pop down and it will show the progress then you can click anywhere in that bar and it will take you to that part.
    If this helped you please add to my rep.
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

You can also hold the FF/RW buttons to fast forward or rewind instead of going forward 1 track. This will probably help a little more than the above because it is more precise and you're not blindly tapping around on the scrubber.
  4. michigan033

michigan033 Banned

I did not know about that. But thank you for telling me.
  5. case1212

case1212 New Member

Let me pose this another way.

I'm listening to a book and my cell phone rings. I answer the phone and forget to pause the Touch. I finish my call and want to go back to where I stopped listening and don't know how. On my other regular IPod, I could just spin my finger around the wheel and get back to my place.

If I touch the >>I or <<I, it goes to the next chapter or the next disc or back to the last song or disc. . I can't seem to inch forward or back.

I tried the slider bar at the bottom of the screen and that is the volume control.

If this confusing enough?
  6. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    theres more options. instead of just TAPPING the >> and << buttons, HOLD them. it will fast forward and rewind. if you want to get to a EXACT place in your song, tap the album art ONCE, a bar will come up towards the top of the screen. you can slide this bar with your finger to move to any point in the song
  7. case1212

case1212 New Member

Thanks.

I got it and I appreciate your time to assist me.