iOS 4.0 Adobe Pissed at Apple

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by J-Phone, Apr 9, 2010.

1. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Apple's Licensing Terms for developing apps for 4.0 have changed so that apps can no longer cross-platform compilers meaning that it can only be run on Apple specific devices only. With this Adobe's Creative Suite 5 can no longer be accepted into the App Store. As of that Adobe sent a spokesperson to email Apple:

Now Apple has official ban flash from their devices and now telling web app developers to make their apps on HTML5 now. Finally Lee Brimelow wrote this on his Official Website:
    Source 1

Source 2
  2. Alpacaman

Alpacaman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think they redacted the comment though (not sure about that). Really, I see no reason for Apple to do this, they are just making it that much harder to develop for their platform, and bullying Adobe and other 3rd party development platforms. It is uncalled for.
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Screw Adobe.
  4. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    ^ This, HTML5 is a much better decision for Apple.
  5. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    HTML5 is biggest treat that they have now

Please Register or Log in to view images

no wonder they pissed
  6. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    HTML5 MIGHT be better - but in my opinion developers have to be free in their choice of the programming language and interface...

restricting them won't make a good image on apple
    why the hell for example doesn't apple officially support C++ on their SDK (not only for iphone but for macs too)

many devs start with C++ and switching to obj-c is very very hard, okay it is a C-derive too but it still is very different...

same goes for flash developers - why the hell blocking them out? Flash doesn't mean that there cannot be any good apps...that is just not right
    and we'll see what adobe will do in the future...maybe taking safari out from flash support or something like that - and well now you can agains ay "HTML5 is far better"...
    BUT there are still soo many flash pages out there - and for me I don't see any reason for not using flash in the future (I'm a web-dev and web-admin tho)
  7. Alpacaman

Alpacaman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So because you don't like Flash, everything the company does is worthless? This changes Flash into a native app, IMHO it is a great tool for any people who want to develop without learning Obj C or any of the other C varieties. The apps made using cross compilers like this are, for the most part, very good quality.
  8. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What is Apple's beef with Adobe?
  9. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Jobs hates Flash.
  10. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Good.

Hopefully with all this hate, Abode will put some effort in for making their Applications run better.