Adobe Flash Player?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by The Crow, Apr 8, 2009.

1. The Crow

The Crow Banned

I was on a site on my iPod touch, and I downloaded the Adobe Flash Player and it went to my dTunes and from there I unzipped it. The thing is , is that it seems to be telling me to go to a certain file area on my WinSCP to finish the install? Is this possible or should I just trash it, and if it is for real where do I go to find it?

Thanks, The Crow
  2. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Where is it telling you to go? As I said earlier, it probably will not work, but if you try and it doesn't work, you can always delete the files you installed.
  3. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Thanks buddy, and I am not saying that you or anyone said something and I am ignoring it. It was just odd that it did download into dTunes and then I unzipped it and it said to go to rar/file/library or something similar which sounds like in WinSCP. I will try to find it myself in dTunes, but do you have any suggestions on where to look or where something like that would show up in WinSCP?

Thanks
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I thought we came to a conclusion that Adobe's Flash player won't work on the iPhone OS? Also, I don't think there is a port of their Flash player/plugin for the iPhone OS.
  5. mmitt

mmitt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Exactly what he said. BTW, what is with the avatar Tes?
  6. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Why are you talking about the iPhone OS?? This is not solved, because if you read my post it does say to go look for it and I did find it in my iPod touch 1G. It was in there when I opened up WinSCP, and then I opened it and it installed and copied. So what ever that means, and the Videohamster works wonders too! Not trying to start arguments, but there may be things even some of you may have not noticed?
  7. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

iPhone OS= iPod Touch OS
  8. The Crow

The Crow Banned

IAmkewl, can you please explain the meaning behind what your saying? I don't understand how iPhone OS=iPod Touch, it makes no sense unless you can explain this.
  9. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The iPhone and iPod Touch use something called an "Operating System". Much like what a Computer or Gaming console uses. It just so happens, both use something called the "iPhone OS". A modified/ported version of BSD/Mac OS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone_OS

There is no (known) port of Adobe's Flash Player to the iPhone OS. So there should be no way you were even close to installing, let alone using Adobe's Flash player.
  10. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Sigged.

Please Register or Log in to view images