Adobe confirms Apple don't want flash on the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tommm, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Tommm

Tommm Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/02/adobe-engages-apple-in-passive-aggressive-warfare-with-iphones/

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Ha! That's funny, but, I still don't get why people want flash so bad? I have it on my android phone and really it's not that great. Oh wow ads move now and pages load slower yay..... thanks adobe.
  3. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    farewell addictinggames.com You will be missed. But visit the appstore soon!
  4. deroba

deroba New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That sucks, it would be so handy to get Java, Flash and all those so Safari and many things could be played in the iPod. It would make it a real portable computer.

Hopefully Apple remove the restrictions....
  5. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Flash will both be a nuisance, memory hog, and it will be difficult to integrate the Keyboard commands in ActionScript games with the accelerometer or with the on-screen keyboard. Trust me, you're better without it.
  6. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Quoted for the truth.
  7. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I hated flash on my friend's phone. It was annoying as hell. Didn't do anything and just got in the way, making my pages load slower.
  8. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    To be honest, this won't hold up very long. Apple wants Flash on the iPhone, I bet they're just waiting til' the phone can actually handle it.

They'd need to open up a few more doors, like a setting that allows you to block Ad's and such. Then, they'd need to incorporate more memory into the phone and at some point a way of getting on Flash Games and getting the keyboard set up in a "Game Mode" or such with arrows and all that's needed.

Having Flash on the iPhone will further the phone, with that said, it's not that far from being a computer. Missing Flash and a few other things, but it'll be a full-forced mini-mac in the future.

Adobe and Apple would most likely keep this under the sheets.

I could be wrong, but anything's possible and this is just my theory as Endgadget has it's theory and so on... And sometimes people fib and lie to cover up things until it's ready to be heard by other people!