adHoc Network with iPod Touch 1.1.4

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nenene, May 31, 2008.

1. nenene

nenene New Member

Since i don't have a Router I have been using my Laptops Wireless to setup an adHoc Network to connect my iPod Touch(1.1.4) to. This has been working both jailbroken and not jailbroken, untill I jjust recently did a restore Via iTunes. Now the problem im getting is following.

After setting up the network on the PC, when i try to connect with my iPod Touch, i get a unable to connect message but the wifi symbol appears on the status bar, and I can also Ping both my PC and my iPod through cmd. As soon as i leave the network settings though teh whole connection breaks down. I have tried this with WEP (both typing teh pwd in hex and regularly and without any Security)

I have googled this quite a bit and found something about having to first try to connect to a router network and then connect to adhoc, because the ipod keeps acting up with adhoc but i have managed to get this doen without this trick before, only after the last restore it stopped working.

Edit: I forgot to mention i have tried both static and dhcp for the PCs and teh iPods IPs
  2. alejoar

alejoar Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the same problem, and I solved it, but I have no clue how I did it.. I just tryed connecting a lot of times, and at a time the message that it couldnt connect didnt apear and now it works..

I think that somebody that knows the real way to solve this should make a guide or something, because this issue sucks! xD
  3. nenene

nenene New Member

Omg yeah, it finally worked for me too, just did it over and over and over think at least 50 times. What sucks is that theres still no clue as to why this doesnt work smoothly.

On the bright side, now i know my wep key's hex code by heart XD

Would still be nice to actually find out what's causing this
  4. Sartre

Sartre New Member

has anyone been able to find a solution to this?