Adding themes

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Mike1761, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Mike1761

Mike1761 New Member

Hellooo

Before I try to figure out how to add a theme, I just want to know... do we have to hack our ipod to add a theme? Cause I don't have a wifi network I can access, so I need to know if I can still add a theme to my ipod touch..

thanks.
    -Mike
  2. Mike1761

Mike1761 New Member

bump

i still need help on this please
  3. navyseals523

navyseals523 New Member

ya mike, you need to hack. The reason is, you have to go to installer to get SMBprefs, or summerboard, and then that is where you choose which theme you want. To make them (by make them i mean just selecting different icons from other themes and putting them into a file, not physically making them from scratch) you need a program called cuteFTP pro 8. To access your files from your iPod on said program requires internet and USB connection.

Something I'm curious about though. If you can post on this website, you have internet. You don't need wifi, just an internet connection. Try your home connection. Type in the name of you home network and the password (WEP or WPA passcode) and you should be able to log on. Any other issues or if this isn't clear enough pm me.
  4. Mike1761

Mike1761 New Member

Well I have a modem, and It's on a router for this computer.
    I have no idea how to find out my home network and pass since its on a modem :\

can you help?
  5. navyseals523

navyseals523 New Member

there is nothing that I can do since we are in different places and seperate computers. You can contact your internet provider (such as comcast or knology) and ask for help. And if your a teen, your parents should have that kind of information.