adding rss feeds?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tacomanmcjab, Feb 6, 2008.

1. tacomanmcjab

tacomanmcjab New Member

How do you add rss feeds to mobile rss? I searched but couldn't find anything
  2. tacomanmcjab

tacomanmcjab New Member

Bump POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP
  3. blazin-asian

blazin-asian New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    for some reason i can add the feeds, but it doesnt seem to remember it at all even though i press SAVE every step of the way.

the way i added channels was:

SETTINGS > MANAGE FEEDS AND ORDERING > QUICK ADD

you can also add your own by going to ADD/EDIT instead of QUICK ADD, but when i type nothing shows up. this is either the most horrible RSS reader ever or its just not compatible with 1.1.3. ive been a touch owner for 2 days, so maybe its just me, but ive seen a lot of other users complaining about this program too.

i added Engadget via Quick Add and it shows i have 40 new messages, but when i open it, NOTHING.

horrible......
  4. goshwil

goshwil New Member

You can put rss subscriptions onto your ipod manually. make sure you have cute ftp or cyberduck and that you have open ssh, or some kind of ssh thing that lets you access your ipod. You get your subscriptions, assuming you have like google reader or some sort. put your subscriptions onto var/root on your ipod using cute ftp or cyberduck. After that go to your rss app, go to settings, import feeds, than your subscription should be there, tap it, than just wait for it to finish importing. It may take a while depending on how much feeds/subscriptions you have. Just be patient and wait.
  5. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Perhaps its a firmware related issue. On 1.1.2, I can quick-add a feed as well as typing one in manually with no trouble.