Adding pictures to iPod problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JPClose, Jan 7, 2009.

1. JPClose

JPClose New Member

Hey, I do not believe this has been asked before, I did search and check the similar thread thing and found nothing related.

How come when I attempt to sync a folder of pictures (Cyanide and Happiness comics

Please Register or Log in to view images

) which windows says is 42.9mb in size appears on my iPod as 1.72GB? I have read up and heard something about itunes optimizing the photos and making them each larger but two of my friends have done the same thing and have not had this problem! Is there a certain format to pictures be in or something?

Thanks in advance and please go easy on me since I'm a noob

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Unfortunately, since cyanide and happiness comics require a lot of resizing, the ipod actually takes and builds up more MB while processing the pics, making it have a bigger file size in your ipod then the actual file on your computer.

Yeah it sucks, but don't worry, it's normal. Your friends pictures probably didnt need too much resizing.
  3. KingKoala

KingKoala New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If you have wifi, you can use some third party file sharing software to transfer pictures to your iPod, I'm using a program "Files", you can seach it in appstore, and it have a free lite version.
  4. JPClose

JPClose New Member

Thanks Kingkoala you're a star! Just what I needed!