Adding Movies to iTunes

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Johnny Quest, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Johnny Quest

Johnny Quest Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I think that we can't add any more movies to iTunes. I tried to with the new update and it won't allow it. Slick move on Steve Jobs. Now we have to buy the digital copy version at the store in order to get it in our ipot or buy it off iTunes.
    Is this the end of loading movies on your own? I have so many movies I want to load in iTunes but now I can't.
  2. Germany

Germany Banned

That's odd. All I have to do is right click on the movie file, and open with iTunes. I have iTunes 8 and I do know there is a very minor update that I haven't installed. I highly doubt that you can't get your movies in there. You probably did something wrong.
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Stop lying Johnny. You don't have Hadji to back you up this time. (Someone get that reference ok?)

The movie/video has to be properly formatted to sync to your device.
  4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    ermmm no. Your videos are probably not the correct format...

beacuse ive just put 14 episodes of south park and 4 movies onto my ipod and there all playing fine in the mp4 format...
  5. Johnny Quest

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Its not a fact, I was just wandering if this is happening to others. I had movies that I put in iTunes and when I try to load it again, it won't let me. Its MPEG-4, but I was just looking at the "about iTunes" and it says MPEG-3, so I'll try to load it at that format and see. I'm on 8.0.2 iTunes.
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well theres your problem. You probably converted/encoded it wrong. You may need to convert/encode it again with another App, NOT iTUNES. iTunes sucks at converting Video.
  7. Johnny Quest

Device:
    iPhone 6
    oh ok, I'll see if I can convert them in a different format. Thanks. I'll see and let you know.