Adding Free Applications (New At this)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by merfman, Feb 24, 2009.

1. merfman

merfman New Member

So i just recieved my iPod Touch (2nd Gen) a few days ago and was trying to download applications onto my iPod.

Now, i'm totally new at this whole thing (ie. this is my first ipod) so i was wondering if some one could give me a complete walkthrough on how to add free applications onto my ipod. everytime i go on the ipod and click the "apps store" and try to download an application is tells me to type in my account info, which i then do. but after it says "Authorization failed. Please connect to iTunes."

And when i use my computer to try and download app through the itunes store is asks me to fill out my billing/payment choices, but if im only downloading free applications why do i need to do this?

So can someone please help me, whats this deal with jailbreaking iPods, do i need to do this to add free apps. to it?

any help is appreciated.
    merfman
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  3. enyahs

enyahs Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Just because it let's them know. When you registe your iTunes look at the payment methods. It will show all the credit cards in a row and then at the end it will say like. Skip or no info then it can't charge anything and you can download free apps from the app store